It is so cold here in Detroit. I think this morning when I went to work it was 5 below zero.
Once I completed that I got inspiration to work on a new quick quilt top and to try out a new technique that I saw. I have to create a base quilt first before I add the new feature. This is what I have so far but I’m thinking, I’m going to change things around.
Banana Bread Crumb Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas until they become liquified.
- Mix in butter until combined and then stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
- Stir in milk and flour until combined.
- Prepare crumb filling/topping by combining all the ingredients together cutting them together with a fork or pastry cutter until a coarse crumb forms.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with 1/3 of the crumb mixture. Cover the filling with the remaining batter and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- *If desired mix powdered sugar and milk together and drizzle on top.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
As Bizzy Lady stated in her post, we are very excited about new happenings for us.