It’s that time again. The weather is starting to change and get colder. I love soup so I want to try a Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe. Hopefully, I will try it this weekend. I was searching the Internet and saw Shugary Sweet Website
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 package pie crust (I used Pillsbury), thawed
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions, celery and broccoli and cook to soften about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth, milk, cream, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Use a whisk to combine, then add in cooked chicken. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 10-15 minutes.
- To make crust strips, unroll thawed pie crust (for one crust). Cut into strips and lay on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 6-8 minutes, until browned. Remove from oven.
- To assemble, Pour soup into individual ramekins and top with shredded cheese and pieces of pie crust strips. ENJOY!